Envision Forums
Welcome to Envision Forums, be sure to register and have a fun time.
Envision Forums
Welcome to Envision Forums, be sure to register and have a fun time.
Envision Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A social forum dedicated to good service, gaming, and an all rounded community. Founded by The Grand Salamence and Sora Shiun'in.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchAffiliateRegisterLog in
Welcome to Envision Forums! | Mafia Signups: | Tournament signups: Pokemon Clash | Discord: Envision Server

Hearthstone Meta

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khufu

Khufu

Hearthstone Meta Empty
PostSubject: Hearthstone Meta   Hearthstone Meta EmptyMon May 16, 2016 10:31 pm

Alright. SO. I'll kick this area off, and lets start with the Meta.

The meta is generally defined by what the pros are playing, and what are getting the top legend ranks. I'll be using Tempostorm as my reference. I'd post links, but that's not allowed for a week.

First off, we have Tier 1. Currently, tier 1 is defined by four decks, Aggro Shaman, Zoolock, Miracle Rogue, and N'Zoth Paladin. Each of these decks do something different, but having things in common.

Aggro Shaman

This is a pretty easy idea, honestly. It revolves around strong, low-mana high-damage cards, such as Totem Golem and Tunnel Trog, both cards that are very important to the deck. Tunnel Trog has the bonus of gaining attack based around how much overload you've used while it's on the field, making a strong card very fast. Tunnel Trog + Totem Golem allows you to have a 2/3 and a 3/4 by turn two, a very strong early game. The addition of Flamewreathed Faceless, a 4 mana 7/7 allows the card to drop made damage at a very early point in the game.

Zoolock

Zoolock is a deck that has been around since HS started. A combination of buff cards, such as Abusive Sargent, strong early-game cards, such as Flame Imp, and the new-addition of Darkshire Councilmen has made this deck a force to be reckoned with. Darkshire Councilmen, a 3 mana 2/5 doesn't seem like something fear-worthy at first, as it's low attack does not fit well into a zoo deck. The effect, though, has given this card the title of Undertaker 2.0. Everytime you summon a minion, this minion gains 1 attack, quickly allowing it to become a 4/5, or even higher if the opponent cannot deal with it. With the late game burst of cards such as Doomguard(5/7 with charge), or Leeroy Jenkins(5/2 with Charge), this deck can easily end the game before a control deck has any time to react.

Miracle Rogue

Now, this is a deck I personally have never tried before. Tempostorm describes it as the deck "that uses Gadgetzan Auctioneer to quickly draw through a hefty majority of your deck in seach of your win condition. Miracle Rogue offers truly insane burst potential through a mixture of spells like Cold Blood, Eviscerate, and Deadly Poison, which provide all the damage you need to reach lethal." Their new legendary, Xaril, has given a real buff to the deck, allowing it get deal direct damage, cycle a card, or even bounce a card back to your hand. The removal of cards such as Dr.Boom and Piloted Shredder has made allowed this deck to come back and wreck havoc on everyone trying to climb, much like 2014.

N'Zoth Paladin

Finally, we have my personal favourite. This deck is strictly a control deck based around N'Zoth, which summons back all your deathrattle minions that have died. At an expensive 10 mana, the cards stats are not particularily good, but being able to bring back cards such Tirion Fordring, Cairne Bloodhoof and Sylvanas, this allows the entire board to shift in your favour. Cards such as Ragnaros, Lightlord allow you to sustain your board for a long time, and the Equality/Pyromancer allows you to wipe out the board, letting you get to the late game.

What are you guys running? Do you guys agree that this is the meta? Thoughts on the Tempostorm decklists? If there's enough people that want it, I can do a tier2 aswell.

I totally try-harded this. I hope it's liked
Back to top Go down
Striker

Striker

Hearthstone Meta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hearthstone Meta   Hearthstone Meta EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 5:02 pm

i honestly don't know about the hearthstone meta (since i rarely play it but i want to start doing it competitively), but i really like the N'Zoth Paladin idea cuz i really enjoy field control and such, and think it deserves atleast a tier 2/1.

also Miracle Rogue looks pretty damn cool
Back to top Go down

Hearthstone Meta
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Envision Forums :: TCGs & Video Games :: Hearthstone :: Metagame Analysis-
Jump to: