Envision Forums
Welcome to Envision Forums, be sure to register and have a fun time.
Envision Forums
Welcome to Envision Forums, be sure to register and have a fun time.
Envision Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A social forum dedicated to good service, gaming, and an all rounded community. Founded by The Grand Salamence and Sora Shiun'in.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchAffiliateRegisterLog in
Welcome to Envision Forums! | Mafia Signups: | Tournament signups: Pokemon Clash | Discord: Envision Server

Music of choice?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lightsworn Lily

Lightsworn Lily
Contributor

Music of choice? Empty
PostSubject: Music of choice?   Music of choice? EmptyMon May 23, 2016 2:34 am

My favorite band, as to where I can listen to every single one of their songs, would probably be The Seatbelts (they do alot of music for anime); and for solo singers.... Mmmm Ayumi Hamasaki. Those are my favorites for like, the asian portion of Music.
Back to top Go down
jackachu100

jackachu100

Music of choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music of choice?   Music of choice? EmptyMon May 23, 2016 5:06 am

Sorry for really long post

Basically I spend all my day listening to music (seeing as how i have 4000ish songs on youtube playlists with the vast majority being in the past 2 years) (most of it being EDM because of the channels im subbed too), but I pretty much like all types of music.

I'll talk about my favorite artist, Porter Robinson. So basically imo this guy is amazing and one of the reasons I want to try and make EDM (even though im really struggling and dont really get anywhere with it). Basically this guy is amazing because of 1 album, the live edits he made of those songs and 2 earlier tracks. Although he does have earlier stuff which is vastly different to the new stuff, Unison, being my favorite.

So I thought I'd mention the 2 earlier tracks I mentioned Language and my favorite of the 2 Easy:
Spoiler:
These songs are more of a transitional period between his old stuff and his new stuff which is why I'd probably recommend these to start off with as the new stuff might be too "different" to start with.

Onto the main reason I love this guy, his debut album worlds. All of the songs on worlds are amazing and imo well worth a listen (other than fellow feeling, its not good to listen too because one of the drops is really bad on purpose for an artistic message (but the edit (this) is worth a listen)).

As I don't want to link everything I'll give my picks from the album.

Divinity, the opening to the album, this used to be at about the same level as the rest of the album but as its the opener I have listened to it more than any and it's really grown on me:
Spoiler:
Sad Machine, the most "popular" song from the album which has some great vocal work from Porter himself and the vocaloid Avanna making a great duet piece:
Spoiler:
Flcker, which is probably my pick for the best song on the album, with the japanese text to speech, the constant "baka" throughout the song and the laugh in the drop, which all work so well combined with what is probably my favorite buildup ever makes this one of my favorite songs:
Spoiler:
Goodbye to a World, which is the ending song on the album and probably the closest any form of media has gotten me to cry (I don't cry at things) again with the vocaloid Avanna is an amazing ending to the album:
Spoiler:
The various live edits for the tracks are also amazing.

Whether they just be simply an addition of some vocals (from This anime) in this version of Divinity (up to 3:50 in the vid):
Spoiler:
Sort of mashups of his songs in the live edit of Easy with Sea of Voices (seizure warning):
Spoiler:
Or just practically a full blown remix (most (or all) being of his old songs) for example with Unison (these last 2 edits have been remade by fans as he hasn't released the songs) (seizure warning):
Spoiler:

I'll put 2 final Porter songs here which are of my favorite genre (future bass) with his remix of ClariS - Irony and probably my joint favorite song from him (with flicker) his remix of Nero - The Thrill:
Spoiler:

I would post more, but by doing so I realise it would be far far far too long so I thought I'd cut it here.
Back to top Go down
Lightsworn Lily

Lightsworn Lily
Contributor

Music of choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music of choice?   Music of choice? EmptyMon May 23, 2016 5:31 am

Owo I listen to porter robinson<3 I love spitfire
Back to top Go down
jackachu100

jackachu100

Music of choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music of choice?   Music of choice? EmptyMon May 23, 2016 5:55 am

Eh I don't really like Spitfire, but I love the live edit (seizure warning).
Back to top Go down
Aaron Woodard

Aaron Woodard
Head Administrator

Music of choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music of choice?   Music of choice? EmptyMon May 23, 2016 5:55 pm

I don't really listen to that many bands now that I think of it. The most I've listened to is maybe Linkin Park. I'm personally the type that listens to different types of music like Jazz and stuff instead of following bands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Music of choice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music of choice?   Music of choice? Empty

Back to top Go down

Music of choice?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1